 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 1356
Re: BricxCC release 3.3.3.8
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Sun, 17 Feb 2002 16:35:01 GMT

hi John,

everything seems to work fine now, I couldn't get it slowed down.

A funny effect, everytime you start BricxCC, it sizes to the previous size, ok.
Now opening a file (from the recent file list), BricxCC fills the whole screen.

Thanks for the quick update,
Stef Mientki

John Hansen wrote:

I am hesitant to announce that I've uploaded a new version of BricxCC to my
website.  This release comes in a full-featured install executable.  As a
result the download is a bit larger (i.e., 1.6MB).

This release hopefully will fix the problems some users have reported about
BricxCC slowing down.  Since it was very difficult to duplicate the problem
I am not certain that it isn't still around.  If you experienced the
slowness problem I hope you will consider using this release and will let me
know if the problem appears anymore (or if it doesn't).

I attempted to make the Code Explorer refresh more appealing (less
collapsing of the tree, for instance, and less flicker).  I replaced the
Toolbars menu item on the View menu (it is also still available as a popup
menu on the top toolbar).  Removing it a couple releases ago wasn't such a
smart idea. :-)

I attempted to make the Color configuration page of the Preferences dialog
more clear by adding helpful comments to the sample code and setting the
current line in the sample window as you select an element in the list.

Running the installer exe should be reasonably straight-forward.  I included
NQC 2.4r2 in the setup program to assist new users.  By default, it will
install nqc.exe into the same directory as BricxCC.  If you already have NQC
installed somewhere else you can perform a custom install and deselect the
NQC Compiler option.  I've also included Mark Overmars NQC Tutorial in MS
Word format.  You can similarly deselect the option to install it via a
custom install.

Let me know what you think.

John Hansen