 Robotics / RCX / *5305 (-20)
  lego software won't download

My lego software (as supplied with RIS 1.5) won't download programs to my RCX. Firmware downloads, settings can be changed, but programs fail. My programs fail, lego's own programs fail. They fail with the original firmware and with teh newer (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenenth, I suggest checking out (URL) for a *really* big list of development options for the RCX. Every RCX SDK I know of is listed there. -albert "kenneth johansen" <kennethj@stud.cs.uit.no> wrote in message news:3BBB3B27.4E75B9....uit.no... (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: RcxCC & Fair Play

How about an unpronouncable symbol formerly known as RCXcc? Oh wait, Prince might send his lawyers... What about: SmartBrick VB (Visual Brick)...<snicker, snicker> PbrickCC Rccx rNQCx RcCcX NQC^3 ...I've got more...gimme time -Rob (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  RcxCC & Fair Play

Phenominal cosmic power. Itty bitty living space. I get to maintain RcxCC and deal with everything that comes with it - namely the attention of TLC lawyers. I got a nice e-mail today from the fair play folks asking me to change it to something that (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Update to Business 2.0 Article (was: LegOS forced to use another name?)

This update to the article discussed in this thread is taken from the November 2001 issue of Business 2.0. It isn't on (URL) so I thought I would run it through OCR and post it here for everyone to see. LUGNET gets a mention (but not a URL), and the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch)

  GP2D12 IR sensor RCX active sensor interface?

I recently acquired several Sharp GP2D12 IR distance sensors that I want to attach to the RCX for use in the robotics course I'm teaching at Vassar College. I found an RCX interface circuit for this sensor at (URL) I go ahead and build it, I though (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LUGNET: SDK for Scout?

can anyone tell me the URL for the scout SDK? i've searched their web site but can't seem to find it. m (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.scout, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab)

  Re: Another RcxCC release

(...) I think it is very quiet around here lately... :-) I've just uploaded version 3.3.1.7 of RcxCC to the website referenced in the link above. This release adds the ability to pass additional NQC switches on the command line when executing NQC (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

OOooppss.. Sorry Ed, fixed the link.... Try Again?? Terry> (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

(...) Hi Terry - Thanks for that! However - the images from the page do not want to load or perhaps are not linked correctly? Regards, Ed Cox. (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Lego Robotics Invention System Storage Solution

Take a look at: (URL) a look at this low-cost Lego RIS packaging solution: After looking over and trying several methods of packaging the Lego RIS for use in schools and for easy transportation, I found an inexpensive ($7.96 at WalMart) tackle box (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

Hi Kenneth, I can't add to your list, but have had some experience with Lejos which I recommend highly. You can find more about it at (URL) latest version, (1.03 beta) which you can download from that site, has more features and smaller footprint (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  what Operating systems are there for the RCX?

hi all, i realise this is not strictly legOS related, but you guys are the best source i have so i thought id give it a shot anyways. Im trying to list all the options i have for changing the original "OS" and firmware. so far i have: NQC (doesnt (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) AFAIK not, they have to be linked together. To put it another way, you'd need the .class files produced by the Java compiler, and they probably should be compiled against the same library. Then you are almost back to compiling it yourself, so (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) cases. (...) Hi David, AFAIK, lejos is a linker and needs a .class file. The MyProg.class file is the output of the compiler operating on MyProg.java, which must contain the main() method. lejos also needs a path to all the other .class files (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

(...) Just to clarify, for the most part, I already have the *.bin files for contest entries. To run them individually using "lejosrun prog.bin" works fine. But if 'lejosrun' is the tool to download programs, to me it would make sense to use the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Loading multiple java binaries using leJOS

From the readme file : To simply create a binary file containing the linked program, use: lejos -o MyProgram.bin MyProgram You can download a previously linked program with: lejosrun MyProgram.bin You can also download multiple programs in one shot (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

I'm one of the organizers for the Workshop 3D RCX Challenge, a competition being held this weekend. I've never used leJOS before, and have a question: There are several entries in the "Code only" event that are written using leJOS and I would like (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

  Re: Use laptops IrDA

(...) (URL) may be of interest to you on this topic. (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Math.log probs. (Was: Proximity sensor)

Hi Paul, (...) Ok, I couldn't find any examples for which the Math.log returned 0, either with emulator nor the RCX (I didn't look too hard :o). Maybe you could supply with some examples? The basic routine should be ok! I encountered situations in (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact