 Robotics / NXT / 1026 (-40)
  Re: Self-brew flexible bricks and silent motor for Lego NXT

(...) Sounds interesting. I'll check out your web site when I can do that without using Flash. (16 years ago, 16-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Bricxcc Problem

(...) I recommend that you switch to using the internal NBC/NXC compiler which you can do via the Preferences dialog. The error you are getting is from the NBC executable. Your best bet is to email me when you run into problems with BricxCC or (...) (16 years ago, 14-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Bricxcc Problem

I get this error then Bricxcc either wont load or when it does load won't let me edit files. (URL) (16 years ago, 14-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware updates

I don't do a lot of high end stuff but I think I can use the trig functions! (16 years ago, 13-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware updates

I don't do a lot of high end stuff but I think I can use the trig functions! (16 years ago, 13-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Self-brew flexible bricks and silent motor for Lego NXT

In the context of my study Industrial Design at the TU/e I have developed a 'natural animation' expansion pack for Lego® Mindstorms® NXT. My goal was to create an actuator and brick that stimulate natural animation and are useful for the creation of (...) (16 years ago, 12-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Enhanced standard NXT firmware updates

I have uploaded a pre-release of a new enhanced NBC/NXC firmware (1.06a) which you may want to try out. It has a new arrop opcode which supports a number of useful array operations. OPARR_SUM, OPARR_MEAN, OPARR_SUMSQR, OPARR_STD, OPARR_MIN, (...) (16 years ago, 11-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Java for NXT

The 0.5 beta release for Windows and for Linux is now on the sourceforge web site. (URL) changes and new features include: - Garbage collector - Execute code from flash - Automatic defrag of file system - Greatly improved Bluetooth support including (...) (16 years ago, 9-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

I posted a zip to the NXC samples page containing a pair of programs that show how to send a message from one NXT to another over a wire connected between port 4 on both NXTs. (URL) Hansen (16 years ago, 7-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

(...) Hi all, the physical connection of NXTs via RS485 is just the first half of the solution... Remeber, at 2-wire RS485 you can have one master only and up to 31 slaves. To address each slave, you need to implement a special protocol which (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

Hi Ross, (...) it should be possible to use RS-485 as a bus, i.e. connect several NXTs with one cable. You need to make the cable yourself, though, and you may need some termination on the ends. Jürgen (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

(...) Thanks John. I agree that from the electrical point of view, just connecting one port 4 to another port 4 should just work with no hardware other than the cable (for short lengths, like the cables that come with the NXT). For longer cables, a (...) (16 years ago, 5-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

(...) Two. Input port #4 fills up pretty quick. Should give a nice performance boost over BT though. (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide

I'm having a book signing this month for my new book The Unofficial LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT Inventor's Guide (No Starch Press), and I decided to officially announce the book here on LUGNET and invite everyone who lives in the Round Rock, Texas area to (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.tx, FTX) !

  Re: Hi-speed port communication

(...) Cool! I wonder if you could daisy-chain NXTs using this technique, and if so, how many you could connect? ROSCO (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Hi-speed port communication

I've been getting a number of emails from some people who want to know how to use the hi-speed RS-485 port 4 functionality in the NXT using the standard firmware. With John Barnes' help I now know how to get it to work correctly. Here is a simple (...) (16 years ago, 4-Jan-08, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

(...) Indeed, this 180mA limitation is the one of the 4.3V power supply, that feeds the sensors and the motor position encoders. The motors themselves can receive a much higher current, limited by their own thermal protection and by the maximum (...) (16 years ago, 31-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT iterate files

I wrote some NXC code that runs on the enhanced NBC/NXC firmware. It demonstrates how to iterate files on the filesystem. Let me know if you have any questions. John Hansen #define LOADER_HANDLE(_x) (_x&0xff) #define LOADER_ERR_BYTE(_x) (...) (16 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXC problem

(...) Remove the #include "NXCDefs.h" line since recent versions of the compiler do not require that you explicitly include this file. Make sure you are running the latest BricxCC and NBC/NXC compiler. The lastest version of the compiler is (...) (16 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

(...) Nice looking parts! One of those times I wish I had a access to such equipment. (...) A nice idea, and well-written. There are a few interesting points that I thought of while reading through it. First, you mention the NXT limits the total (...) (16 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  designing new NXT parts (propeller and motor) using rapid prototyping

Dear all, For those interested, I have been exploring the use of rapid prototyping technology in building new parts for the NXT. I attempted to build a propeller brick in combination with a more powerful motor. Read my results on (...) (16 years ago, 30-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXC problem

I've tried to install Bricx and NXC but when I try to compile a simple program I get an error like "Unable to find include file: "NXCDefs.h". I figure I probably just have something configured incorrectly but can't find any guidance as to what I (...) (16 years ago, 28-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) The reason asking is that sometimes we send teams of students to a country with different voltage in the outlet, i.e. 110V instead of 220V, and the LEGO adapter accepts 220V, but not 110V. However, we have a DC adapter that accepts both 110V (...) (17 years ago, 20-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT, Bluetooth, and Palm

Ok, so after 7 years of using my faithful Palm Vx, syncing it to my Kubuntu Linux machine at work put something on it to make it fatally crash every time I ran the calendar. Seeing as this was the most important function of the Palm, I decided it (...) (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.palm)

  Colour Sensor

Which command do I use to initialise my Hitechnic colour sensor under NXC on the NXT? Thanks Steve (17 years ago, 18-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: motor command question

Hi Patty, I can't really answer this question other to say that I had exactly the same problem a while ago. I talked to LEGO tech support to no avail and they actually sent me a replacement block to fix the problem. However when I got it I had (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: motor command question

Because the motors start to turn, then the program reaches the end, and exits. You need to tell the program to "wait for" something after the motors start. Steve (...) (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  motor command question

Why would two motors, set to turn and with unlimited chosen for time out, only turn a couple of times and stop. this motor command is the only command in the program. patty (17 years ago, 3-Dec-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

(...) Thank you! But it worked only after firmware upgrade (to version 1.05) and using original NXT flat cables (Mindsensors flat cables are very poor quality). -- alf (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

My NXT Charger came with my battery. The output of the charger is 10.8 volts, 700 ma 8W. I would just buy the Lego charger. After reaching a full charge, the charger goes into a trickle charge mode. "Pavel Petrovic" <pavel.petrovic@gmail.com> wrote (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) Whew! I was going to put my question in past tense ("Does this mean that I should have or shouldn't have used the train controller plug ...") but it seemed better to be a fool after doing something not dumb than after doing something dumb! (...) (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) You should. The NXT battery expects the same wallwart as the train controller and RCX. Philo (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) Brian, So, does this mean that I should or I shouldn't use the train controller plug thingy that I use for the trains and my RCX? Rafe (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

(...) I'd say a bad idea, since it's supposed to be supplied with 9-12V *AC* (not DC) power. Like the RCX 1.0, it might work under a DC supply... but that's not what it was designed for. (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  recharging NXT battery block with DC adapter?

Hi, Can anybody confirm whether recharging a NXT battery block using 9V or 12V DC adapter is a bad or good idea, please? Seems that LEGO published HW schematics for the brick, but not for the battery block... Pavel. (17 years ago, 30-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

(...) Well, I use Linux so I completely skipped the part about NXT-G in the docs and I missed the reference to the light sensor. Anyway, that is sort of what I tried (I changed the original program so many times I am not sure). But probably I missed (...) (17 years ago, 27-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

(...) I do not have the mindsensors DROD-Nx sensor but I have read the documentation from their website. It says that the sensor is an analog sensor which you can read using the standard NXT-G light sensor block. That means you need to configure the (...) (17 years ago, 27-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

(...) To use the DIST-Nx sensor from mindsensors.com you can use the code at this url: (URL) sure you initialize the sensor using the correct type and properly energize it after you configure the port as a lowspeed port. The sample program is setup (...) (17 years ago, 27-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

Il giorno 12-nov-2007, alle ore 16:59, GiP ha scritto: (...) Hi, I finally got my mindsensors stuff (including a DIST-Nx) and am still figuring out how to use them with NXC. It seems we need only two functions: - a "do a full initialization" one: (...) (17 years ago, 26-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Nxc and Mindsensors stuff

(...) Actually, I have them. But it didn't help, I tried to use the I2C functions and the usual SetSensorType but I cannot get a meaningful number, maybe I am doing something wrong. Does anyone have an example of a NXC program that read a (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact