 Robotics / NXT / 1021
1020  |  1022
Subject:
Self-brew flexible bricks and silent motor for Lego NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sat, 12 Jan 2008 09:57:10 GMT

In the context of my study Industrial Design at the TU/e I have developed a
'natural animation' expansion pack for Lego® Mindstorms® NXT. My goal was to
create an actuator and brick that stimulate natural animation and are useful for
the creation of autonomous robots. Therefore, I explored with the creation of
flexible bricks and a silent & small motor. The results and a practical
documentation on how to create the bricks, can be found in the following link
for those who are interested:
http://www.student.tue.nl/r/s.bouwstra/NaturalLegoAnimationbySBouwstra.pdf
I hope this information will be useful to you! A movie of the result can be
found on http://www.student.tue.nl/r/s.bouwstra/ (Click on galley and than on
the Lego brick.)

silent motors and gears, Java and LeJos

With kind regards,