 Robotics / NXT / 1008
Re: NXC problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2007 21:51:32 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Craig Zupke wrote:
I've tried to install Bricx and NXC but when I try to compile a simple program I
get an error like "Unable to find include file:  "NXCDefs.h".  I figure I
probably just have something configured incorrectly but can't find any guidance
as to what I need to do. Any suggestions?

Remove the #include "NXCDefs.h" line since recent versions of the compiler do
not require that you explicitly include this file.  Make sure you are running
the latest BricxCC and NBC/NXC compiler.  The lastest version of the compiler is
1.0.1.b34.  If you download http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/test_release.zip you
will have the very latest version of both the IDE and the compiler.  I recommend
using the built-in compiler unless you have a really good reason not to.

Extract the contents of this zip over a recent full install of BricxCC.

In the BricxCC preferences dialog on the Compiler|NBC/NXC tab do not tell
BricxCC to ignore the system include files.

Hope this helps,

John Hansen