 Robotics / 725
724  |  726
Subject:
RCX Bytecode compiler in Tcl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 20:06:29 GMT

Greetings,

I had become quickly frustrated by the limitations of the Mindstorms
programming environment.  Fueled by the RCX bytecode knowlege provided
by Kekoa, I have recently written an RCX program interpreter/compiler in
Tcl, a freely available cross-platform scripting language.

This software will allow you to program the RCX using most of the
bytecode instructions provided by the stock RCX firmware.  You can give
commands to the RCX interactively from a shell prompt or compile
programs and download them to the RCX.  The code and documentation are
available for download at http://www.autobahn.org/~peterp/rcx/

You will need to have the Tcl interpreter installed in order to use the
program.  It runs on many, many different platforms, although I have not
been able to get the required serial communications to work on the
Macintosh yet (any help in this direction would be appreciated).

Enjoy...
--
// Peter Pletcher                             peterp@autobahn.org
//