 Robotics / 768
Re: legOS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:40:22 GMT

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998, Kekoa Proudfoot wrote:

     Does anyone use legOS?  I read that there are possible risks to
getting other ROM images.  What are the risks?

Not that I'm supplying you with an answer, but it seems to
me that it's your RCX, why can't you do what you like with the
hardware now that you've bought it,

I think he meants risks as in "I installed LegOS, and it got wedged, and
I can't reinstall the official Lego stuff, so now I've got a very very
expensive lego brick that does nothing".

It seems to me that Lego's position would logically be "If you install
anything that we don't sell, you're on your own".

As a side note: what happened to the Reply-To header? IMHO, replies should

Dave Taira     | Broken pipes, broken tools, people bending broken rules /   |
Hired Gun      | Hound dog howlin', bullfrog croakin' / Everything is broken |
bodhi@foad.org | --Bob Dylan, "Everything is Broken"                         |