 Robotics / 732
Re: RCX Bytecode compiler in Tcl
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 25 Nov 1998 00:52:58 GMT

Hey, looks like you did a great job extending my initial
implementation, but changing a couple of variables and proc
naming does not allow you to appropriate everything
without even giving due credit !!!
Please re-read the License terms on my implementation:
you were not allowed to remove my name or even
change the (c).
I don't want to be bitching and moaning or sound like a
jerk about another great piece of free software, but *please*
be nice and honest and fix your pages and files
at least to add due CREDIT to my implementation
(with name URL and email,etc...). And we'll have to work
out the exact (c) terms anyway...

(in case you would have 'forgotten' where you found the
initial implementation it is on
   http://www.demailly.com/tcl/rcx/
)

{the fact that I had my first baby recently and I had
no time to work on TclRCX in those last weeks does not
mean I won't in the future or you can appropriate my
work without even contacting me or crediting me...}

Very surprised, quite dispointed,
Laurent Demailly
Original author of Tcl RCX.

Greetings,

I had become quickly frustrated by the limitations of the Mindstorms
programming environment.  Fueled by the RCX bytecode knowlege provided
by Kekoa, I have recently written an RCX program interpreter/compiler in
Tcl, a freely available cross-platform scripting language.

This software will allow you to program the RCX using most of the
bytecode instructions provided by the stock RCX firmware.  You can give
commands to the RCX interactively from a shell prompt or compile
programs and download them to the RCX.  The code and documentation are
available for download at http://www.autobahn.org/~peterp/rcx/

You will need to have the Tcl interpreter installed in order to use the
program.  It runs on many, many different platforms, although I have not
been able to get the required serial communications to work on the
Macintosh yet (any help in this direction would be appreciated).

Enjoy...
--
// Peter Pletcher                             peterp@autobahn.org