 Robotics / 7094
  Re: Compressors, Valves, and Other Wishes

(...) Agreed. I just built it too, and had problems with the micromotor shutting off and refusing to start again, even in the other direction. I also noticed that the center of the 24t gear isn't lined up with the pivot point of the valve, which (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

The page on compressor comparisons is really informative. I'm honoured that you felt my design was worthy of testing. The reason I made it a two stroker was to "balance" the load on the driving system. Michael Powell's compressor tends to "lump" (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

Hello Ralph... I have built your original compressor from the photos you provide. I really like its form, rigidity and functionality. A great design. I plan to modify mine tonight into a full stroke design as some have suggested. All you need do is (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Gee, thanks! (...) Let me know how this works out. Strangely enough, I have never actually used the pump do do anything other than test my limit switch. Here's where I whine and complain about having a good, paying job and a house, and wife, (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Compressors, Valves, and Other Wishes

(...) Yes, this is still a difficult problem. The best solution I've seen is Linc's micro motor controlled valve at: Hmm, it seems to have moved again... now at: (URL) have built this valve control, but find the action between the gear and worm gear (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Actually, I've been thinking about this for awhile, and I think there's an "easy" way to switch pneumatics under motor control. The rubber air hoses can be pinched shut with a reasonably small amount of force. It seems to me that you could use (...) (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) I just read some of the earlier messages in this thread. I think Michael Powell deserves a medal for having not one, but two of his Lego designs get mentioned independently of one another in a single discussion. (25 years ago, 29-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Hi, Ralph Your double-acting pump is still a cool design. I like the futuristic look. It was quite easy to build from the pictures. I had to substitute for the tall sloped brick but otherwise I followed the images faithfully. Of course, I'm (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Compressors, Valves, and Other Wishes

(...) Excellent Ben, I'll check those out... Off topic, but... Have you people seen the satire/black comedy American Beauty yet? I highly recommend it. Ben, perhaps Kevin Spacey's character inspired you to quit your job and lead a fuller life to (...) (25 years ago, 30-Sep-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

At 07:39 PM 9/29/99 GMT, you wrote: Hey folks, I tried that mod but the spacing was off for just adding the pulleys. so I rebuilt it a bit differently. It is larger now, and not quite so elegant. but it does accomplish the full stroke goal. I also (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) design. The bent beams are still there though!. I really like the wierd looking angle of the pistons. I never thought of that. I toyed with the idea of a radial compressor with a central gear that drove four planetary gears and each having a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) Thanks! I'm not sure if "improved" is the right word though. In my mind it was a trade off between funtionality and aesthetics. The result just looks a little too blocky compared to where it atarted. The bent beams are a great idea. They hold (...) (25 years ago, 1-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester

(...) pulleys... and a few extra parts. I was working from memory late at night and had the angled beams in upside down. So, please disregard my earlier post as it works great this way. :-) Another neat neat thing about this layout is that there is (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)