 Robotics / 6480
Re: r/c servos and firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 1999 02:57:00 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Munafo writes:
It sounds to me like servos can't rotate continuously in the same direction. • In
other words, they're good for steering but not for turning the wheels that • make
the car go. Is that right?

Anyway, having heard that (plus the paragraphs I deleted about calibration and
software) I would have to say that servos don't sound all that useful. At • least
not as useful as I was thinking they would be...

Hello,
New mindstorm user...been lurking for a while.  WRT to servo motion -- it is
fairly easy to modify standard servos for continuous motion.  $ would put this
motor about the same cost as lego so not sure of value added.  If there is any
interest I can dig up instructions (it's been a while since I modified one).

Alan