 Robotics / 6468
Re: r/c servos
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 1999 20:52:54 GMT

Robert Munafo <munafo@gcctechNO.SPAMcom> wrote:
In lugnet.robotics, lego-robotics@crynwr.com (John Barnes) writes:
[...] This would set the average servo, which needs a pulse from about
0.7 - 2.0 mS for 180 degress to one of about 45 steps or every 5 degrees
[...]

I can't understand this. Can you correct your grammar so it is clear what
you're saying the average servo needs?

I think what John was trying to say was that pulse widths between 0.7 ms
and 2.0 ms give servo rotations between 0 and 180 degrees.  With 45 steps
in that range, you can control the servo in 5 degree increments.

Seems to me he was approximating a bit, since 180 degrees is either 36
steps of 5 degrees each or 45 steps of 4 degrees each; 45 steps of 5
degrees each adds up to 225 degrees.

-Kekoa