 Robotics / 6527
Re: All-LEGO stepper motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 20:54:22 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Andrew Lynch writes:
[...] Case in point is this Lego stepper motor. [...] Sweet, simple and
very, very useful. My mind just takes this concept and runs with it [...]
My hat is off to you. I am at work now, but I can't wait to get home and
put this together to play with it and test its limits. [...]

Thanks!

I'm looking forward to hearing about yours when you've got it built, what you
changed and how it works. One of the best things about this (doing LEGO work on
the Internet) is seeing different people do the same thing in different ways!

Robert Munafo wrote in message ...
[...] http://www.mrob.com/lego/stepper.html [...]

By the way, I've added a bit to my web page suggesting that for certain
projects people will need to use a touch sensor to allow the device to
"recenter" itself when it first starts up. In most cases you should be able to
find a way to share this "alignment" sensor with another input, by making sure
the alignment sensor is only triggered when you're in a "useless" or "unused"
area of the device's movement range.

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13