 Robotics / 6499
6498  |  6500
Subject:
all-LEGO stepper motor (was Re: r/c servos and firmware
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:43:13 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Robert Munafo writes:
[...] I've actually built this entirely with LEGO components, but I
used a rubber band in place of the magnets. It works perfectly. My
pulses have to be between 0.07 and 0.11 seconds (inclusive) for it to
work. It runs continuously at 11 pulses per second, but I think this
can be a bit lower (I haven't done the ranging on this yet). I'll put
pictures and the NQC program up on my web site tomorrow.

It looks like I might not be able to do this today. My web hosting service
(hostsave.com) stopped providing my web pages sometime in the last 24 hours and
I'm not sure how long it will take to get them to fix it.

Also, a correction: I meant to say that it runs continuously at 8 pulses per
second, and I think it can be a bit *higher*.

- Robert Munafo                           http://www.mrob.com/
  LEGO: TC+++(8480) SW++ #+ S-- LS++ Hsp M+ A@ LM++ YB64m IC13