 Robotics / 4888
Re: FW: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 20:41:29 GMT

stephen p spackman <stephen@acm.org> wrote:
But suppose for instance that we were talking about a language like Java
that has static typing. Why not put support for fixed point into the
compiler.

This is a possibility I had not thought of, also worth thinking about more.
It certainly complicates the compiler writer's job, but aside from that it
sounds like a reasonable of doing things.

-Kekoa