 Robotics / 4867
Re: FW: Something else is needed, I think...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 5 May 1999 04:25:26 GMT

On Tue, 4 May 1999, Ray Kelm wrote:

Why not implement an interpreter that is linked with LegOS?

Whatever interpreter is decided on, an OS will be required.  Depending on
the requirements of that interpreter, particularly in terms of memory
allocation (and garbage collection) and threading support, LegOS may be
a fine base for it.

On the other hand, if you want to implement something like JVM, LegOS's
threading system needs lots of work.

John A. Tamplin Traveller Information Services
jat@LiveOnTheNet.COM 2104 West Ferry Way
256/705-7007 - FAX 256/705-7100 Huntsville, AL 35801