 Robotics / 4675
4674  |  4676
Subject:
pneumatic switch control
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:41:54 GMT

Now I need to find a way to control two or more pneumatic switches with a
single motor, in both directions!

I've been thinking about this a lot...

What about using a differential to separate motor direction output.
Turning one direction could control one switch and turning the other could
control the other switch.  The switches could be controlled in a cyclic
motion so that turning the motor in a single direction could cycle through
all switch positions.  A touch sensor could be used to indicate extreme
switch positions.  In this scenario since you wouldn't be operating both
air switches at the same time, the touch sensors could be piggybacked onto
the same input port.

What do you think?  sounds like another Rube Goldberg contraption :)

Joel Shafer    joel@connect.net