 Robotics / 4670
Re: Programming RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 17:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Joel Shafer writes:
At 05:10 PM 4/22/99 +0000, Dennis Clark wrote:

Mechanical = 5 X programming time!  I suck in Lego engineering!  Boy do
I end up with some "Rube Goldberg" layouts!  I am in awe of the Lego
Technic engineers!

I second that.  I've had my RIS kit all year and have spend 90% of my time
trying to come up with good mechanical designs that are compact, good
looking, and don't fall apart.  Before I bought the RIS, I thought of
myself as being mechanically enabled.  I'm also in awe of the technic
engineers.  I purchased the technics front end loader and was amazed to see
4 wheel drive, steering, and pneumatics all assembled into a cool realistic
model instead of some Goldberg contraption.

  I just got that model myself.  I'm one hour into the construction and
happily anticipating the next 6 hours that will be needed to finish it!
Now I'm looking at the tow truck and saying, "hmmm".  Expensive, but man
are they cool!

have fun!
DLC