 Robotics / 4674
Re: Tow Truck & pneumatics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:27:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Joel Shafer writes:
Cool, let us know if you get it.  It would be interesting to know what
nifty parts it has.  I had a tough time deciding between the front end
loader and the tow truck.  Both appeared to have the pneumatics and extra
parts that I wanted to use with the RIS.  Price made the decision for me.

  This was my quandry and my solution as well.

By the way, does anyone have a good design for using pneumatics with the
RCX?  I would ideally like to use one motor to both power the compressor
and to activate the air switches.  An electrical air switch sure would be
nice.

  I built up a standalone compressor using the idea that someone on lugnet
came up with.  He (and I) used the S@H polarity switch and a small pneumatic
cylinder calibrated with a rubber band to shut the compressor off automatically
when a desired (guessed at) tank pressure is reached.  No need to use the
RCX to power or control the compressor, just an automated pressure switch.
Now I need to find a way to control two or more pneumatic switches with a
single motor, in both directions!

have fun,
DLC