 Robotics / 275
Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 21:02:23 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote in message ...

If you really hate it, why not killfile all messages from
lego-robotics@crynwr.com?

Ahhh, why do I post on controversial messages???

I *don't* really hate it.  Didn't I say that I would subscribe to both
groups if there was a split?

And If Lugnet split robotics... I would probably
subscribe to both. <snip> But I would scan the
more robotic engineering one (group) after all other
groups... if I had time.  More often than not just
marking as read.

The exact same thing I now do with Lugnet.offtopic.fun... read if I have
time or inclination.

Your idea is good, if I want to exclude posts from the mailing list, but not
if I want to exclude just the more Technic ones.  Which is moot, because I
don't want to exclude *either*.

I just don't want have to wade through a lot to get some.  (don't quote that
sentence with out this one)... I would prefer (but not demand) if I could
choose when I would read the more technical engineering posts, if at all.
To me there is a division.

This is just my view, and I say it only to show that the view exists
(perhaps others feel the same, perhaps not).  If the majority disagrees...
then I go with the majority... of course.

LINC