 Robotics / 255
Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 00:19:48 GMT

Kekoa Proudfoot writes:
Larry Pieniazek writes:
Note that there is no implication of animosity between camps, just different
interests. Can one combined group/list cater to everyone? I think it can.
Others do not.

I think it can, too.

Me too.  (But am not opposed to supporting subdivisions should that
eventually become necessary or desirable.)

The only problem I see is that now all the people who read the mailing list
version of lugnet.robotics are now going to get a flood of messages.  These
people might not be too happy about that.

Aw, no worries in my mind on that...  Subscribers to lugnet.robotics via
e-mail understand that they're subscribed to a newsgroup via e-mail, rather
than to a mailing list per-se.  Distribution of lugnet.robotics via SMTP is
a last resort for those who can't get it via NNTP and don't want to get it
via HTTP.  Plus it's all too new for anyone to freak from any kind of
change.  :)

I remember people wanting lego-robotics to have a digest mode.  Todd, does
LUGNET have a digest mode, so that these people can finally be happy?

No digest mode yet, but there is always the archive:

   http://www.lugnet.com/news/display.cgi?lugnet.robotics

--Todd