 Robotics / 247
  list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

I would love to see this happen. I think the technical issues have been solved. Where I see a stumbling block that needs to be talked through is... are the charters (of the list, and of the newsgroup) congruent, or close enough? We have seen a (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) I think it can, too. The only problem I see is that now all the people who read the mailing list version of lugnet.robotics are now going to get a flood of messages. These people might not be too happy about that. I remember people wanting (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) I would agree that there is strong enough division between the three following topics to warrent seperate fora: -- "Pure" Lego robotics: using only Real Lego hardware, although including using alternate development environments. This is (...) (26 years ago, 4-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) Me too. (But am not opposed to supporting subdivisions should that eventually become necessary or desirable.) (...) Aw, no worries in my mind on that... Subscribers to lugnet.robotics via e-mail understand that they're subscribed to a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) My only concern is that there is not enough traffic to warrant a split. Reverse engineering will die down after a few more months - the firmware is 95% finished as far as I'm concerned, with only the ROM and new firmware really remaining - (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) I think the word "build" on the front-end of the charter is a holdover from when the group was once called build.robotics before the renaming of the hierarchies. You're right, it's not really restricted to building. And on the (URL) page, it's (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) Hear, hear. While the proposed split is reasonable, shortly all the reverse engineering stuff will be on web pages, rather than a voluminous ongoing discussion, and hopefully the metatraffic will shortly die down too. stephen (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

I am not sure if this is the right thread, or the only thread on the subject, but it seems close to what I have to say. Although the "gateway" is now here, and I *NOT* (repeat not) advocating the removal, I still want to say my two pickles. Firstly, (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) If you really hate it, why not killfile all messages from lego-robotics@crynwr.com? (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

Matthew Miller wrote in message ... (...) Ahhh, why do I post on controversial messages??? I *don't* really hate it. Didn't I say that I would subscribe to both groups if there was a split? (...) The exact same thing I now do with (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) Linc, Here are the dates of a few of the key public mails on the subject (there were some 40 or 50 related and semi-related messages in all): Date Author Location ---...--- ---...--- ---...--- Thu, 1 Oct 1998 17:45:54 GMT Matthew Miller (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) You missed the context. I'm pretty sure you would have understood this stuff had you been reading the lego-robotics list before it started dumping messages onto lugnet.robotics. And if this sort of thing was uninteresting to you, being on the (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

Todd Lehman wrote in message (...) Agreed (DAMN! I hate a man with his finger on a search engine and an archive). :) Of course my comments were directed more to the debate of the gateway within Lugnet.robotics, and not the general idea of how a (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

Linc Smith wrote in message ... (...) not (...) "Technic" should read technical... shouldn't have messed with my custom dictionary. :) LINC (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) As the perpetrator of part of the above, I should add to the confusion by saying that I'm going to test the egcs/gcc theory by compiling the tm stuff with egcs instead of gcc :-) Results soon (I have to wait until my son's birthday [saturday] (...) (26 years ago, 5-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) I agree. FAQ is desperately needed. I liked the outline that was discussed yesterday. Did anyone actually volunteer to work on that? I dind't see anything definate here. I would, but I'm realy the wrong type of person for this :) -Vadim (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

(...) I had volunteered to work on the FAQ, however someone else had contacted me last night expressing an interest in doing it instead. I am waiting on a definite yes/no answer as to whether that person really wants to take on the responsibility. (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

In message <3642724D.8A22E7A0@projo.com>, Brian Stormont <brian@projo.com> writes (...) Hi I have only just joined as a CyberMaster owner and have not got any of the previous messages. How can I obtain a list of them? What message number if any (...) (26 years ago, 6-Nov-98, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: list/group merge (was RE: Newbie Question.. FAQ?

Kekoa Proudfoot wrote: snip (...) What's a Handy Board? Gordie -- "It is better to ask a 'stupid question' than to make a stupid mistake." (26 years ago, 28-Feb-99, to lugnet.robotics)