 Robotics / 24065
Re: wireless sensors, and battery life: time synch
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 23:02:48 GMT

"Bruce Boyes" <lego-robotics@crynwr.com> wrote in message
Part of the battery life issue, as you allude, is not listening all the
time. To make this happen, nodes have to share a common and precise time
base. Then they just have to wake up at the allotted time. This is harder
than it sounds, and is the subject of standards such as IEEE1588. We plan
to experiment with this with our Zigbee nodes, since the power savings can
be really significant.

maybe it should be done in the same way as rfid id cards
let's say when controler wants to wake the sensor up
it sends the signal and the sensor (all sensors)
1. powers itself using this signal
2. do the job

rfid id cards are not powered and they are not in listen mode
in fact rfid cards are tataly dead when they have no signal from sender

i know the range of rfid is pretty short
but maybe just the idea can be used

pixel