 Robotics / 24055
24054  |  24056
Subject:
Some BT modules?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:34:36 GMT

Some more googling reveals some possible BT embedded modules:

http://www.a7eng.com/products/embeddedblue/embeddedblue.htm

From the above page:

EmbeddedBlue brings the benefits of Bluetooth technology to all embedded
systems from low power 8-bit micros to the latest 32-bit processor
powerhouses. With over two million devices shipping worldwide each week,
Bluetooth technology has clearly taken off in high volume applications such
as cellular phones, headsets, PDAs, and PCs. Unfortunately for lower volume
products, while the benefits of the technology are quite compelling the
overall cost of development and manufacturing have placed it largely out of
reach. A7 is changing that with EmbeddedBlue by providing simple and cost
effective solutions that are practical to integrate with any embedded
system and are available today in quantities from single pieces to bulk
packaging in the thousands. Whatever your embedded Bluetooth goals may be,
A7 is there to help you achieve them.

Now the question is what the API to their modules is... and how well they
would play with yours.

Maybe we could collaborate on a JSR-82 version of the EmbeddedBlue modules
with integrated antenna.

Bruce