 Robotics / 22734
22733  |  22735
Subject:
Future Mindstorm Releases?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:50:56 GMT

I just visited the LEGO Outlet at Potomac Mills - and observed two bits of
evidence that indicated to me that there won't be any new Mindstorms products
released during the upcoming holiday season.

First, the store had the Fall catalog, and inside, two whole pages where
dedicated to RIS 2.0 set - the biggest Mindstorms layout I've seen in a catalog
in years - but no mention of any new products.  That leaves only the holiday
catalog to announce new products.

Second, instead of the usual 3 or 4 RIS 2.0 sets for sale, there were about 20.

So...summing this up, I think that TLC has decided that returning to its core
products means emphazing the current RIS 2.0, at least for now....

Dustin