 Robotics / 22769
Re: Future Mindstorm Releases?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:10:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Wayne Gramlich wrote:

(Let me apologize in advance, this is going
to sound a bit like an advertisement.)

My solution to the RCX problem was to
design my own extensible sensor and
effector suite that I call RoboBricks.

(I note that it seems to be spelled RoboBrix by robotstore.com.)

P.S. My boards are Lego-friendly in that they
have holes across the top and bottom that
snap right onto Lego studs.

That's cool.  I have several suggestions for you, as a potential user:

1. Get the robotstore folks to mention the LEGO compatibility in their
descriptions; the one I looked at made no mention of it, and it's not obvious
that that's what those holes are for.

2. Write a tutorial geared for LEGO users, showing how the RoboBrix modules can
be used to control LEGO motors for example.

3. Find some way to provide the RoboBrix boards in preassembled form.  To
require soldering makes it a big leap in difficult from Mindstorms.

Best,
- Joe