 Robotics / 18244
Re: Rover Programming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 13:04:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, simon@jasmine.org.uk writes:

Essentially I think you need a 'home' location which the robot can
recognise (perhaps with a uniquely coloured floor tile), and which it
can regularly return to - i.e. drive to where you think home should be,
then drive around in a spiral till you find it, then reset your
co-ordinates.

While we're talking about programming rovers, could someone give me an
example of a 'spiral drive around behavior' in either RCX Code (v1.5) or
Gordon's Brick Programmer? Or how about code with two rotation sensors
attached to the differential-drive robot's wheels which drive straight
forward a certain # of clicks,clears the count, turns left 90 deg., clears
the count, goes forward a little bit more, clears again, then turns right 90
deg.?

My last attempt had the robot track pretty well straight for 100 clicks, but
when I tried to get it to reverse both wheels from 100 to zero, only one
wheel responded.

Can anybody help?

Regards,
--Electro--