 Robotics / 17080
Re: Lego Studios Cam and Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 18:14:38 GMT

In article <Gq3Dw1.E65@lugnet.com>, Dave Johann <legomecha@adelphia.net> wrote:
My initial search did reveal that tidbit Lar, but since I was alredy the
owner of a Logitech cam, I was already in posession of the drivers. Those
didn't work, so I started the hunt for drivers that might. 12 different
camera drivers later, I'm still back at square one.

The camera is a Logitech QuickCam Web, the round variety. I don't
think there's any difference in the electronics between the square or
the round ones though.

Unfortunately Logitech doesn't make any drivers for it for the Mac. I
was just over at my parents house with my broken VC camera and my mom
wanted to hook it up to her Mac just to see if it was really broken. I
sent her to Logitech's site to get the drivers since I've used those
drivers repeatedly on Windoze boxes, and there were no Mac drivers.

I still haven't figured out what is wrong with my camera. It was
working fine for a while, but now when I plug it in, the computer sees
it and identifies it correctly, but it only sends a stream of zeroes
for both the video *and* the audio!

I went around and around with Lego support via email and they kept
asking me stupid things like what processor I have and what video card
I have, and I kept trying to tell them it didn't matter, it used to
work, I had *three* different computers I was trying it on and it
didn't work, *and* I had borrowed my cousin's identical camera in
order to verify it wasn't a problem with my computers. I finally gave
up.

--
DON'T PAY MORE FOR WEB HOSTING THAN WHAT YOU WANT TO PAY
At Full System, Inc. you invent the package *and* the price!