 Robotics / 17077
Re: Lego Studios Cam and Macintosh
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:00:01 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.robotics, Dave Johann writes:
I've spent the better part of the night looking for drivers to get this
combo working. While I don't expect to use the included software >>(windows
only), I've never had such difficulty finding drivers for a usb camera
before. Does anyone have any info where I can find drivers or did I just
waste a trip to Target to buy this set @ 75% off?

You could always sell it to someone. I'd buy it for a small markup from >75%
off!!! and I suspect others would too.

But before you throw in the towel, I thought this camera was a Logitech
repackaged but hardware identical. So if you can determine the >Logitech
camera that it is you might find drivers that way. Someone somewhere >in some
newsgroup on LUGNET gave the scoop, I am sure of it... but my cursory >search
didn't find it.

A more determined search by you may well locate that nugget of info.

Happy hunting.

My initial search did reveal that tidbit Lar, but since I was alredy the
owner of a Logitech cam, I was already in posession of the drivers. Those
didn't work, so I started the hunt for drivers that might. 12 different
camera drivers later, I'm still back at square one.  It looks like if I
don't find what I'm looking for shortly, there will be a slightly used SSMM
set 1349 available for around $50. Who knows, maybe I'll remove the parts I
bought it for and sell it for $40-still a great deal for the camera alone.