 Robotics / 17079
Re: repairing a broken 9v wire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 17:52:01 GMT

I recently had same problem and repaired it as above, it but it didn't
satisfy me enough. Connection after reassembling isn't as good as it • should
be.

The trick to getting a good connection is to ensure that both pieces of the
2x2 connector are precisely parallel to each other when pressing them
together - this way I'm achieving close to 100% success rates making up
custom length cables. The best way is to put both pieces loosely in a vice
(with the wire already fed in); tighten a bit, push the wire in a bit more,
then tighten until you hear the plates clicking into place.

If you don't have a vice then two sturdy flat surfaces will do, such as a
chopping board and bottom of a saucepan - sandwich the plates between them
and press :-)

Jennifer