 Technic / 6397
Re: repairing a broken 9v wire?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I have a piece of 9v wire that doesnt work.
However, it works if you fiddle with one end (hold/apply pressure to the
wire where it goes into the 2x2 plate). This suggests a loose connection
inside the wire somewhere.
Anyone got any suggestions on how to fix this (so I can use it on my
next train project) or do I need to get a new wire? (being that this
will be on a train, its gonna be a bit hard for me to hold the wire in
place all the time :)

(xp'd to .robotics- there's probably more experience on the subject in this
group)

You should be able to pry apart the 2x2 end and repair the wires inside. I
haven't done this yet, but I've heard that this is possible.

I would pull out the existing wires and cut them back about an inch or two.
You can then strip the insulation and reinsert them into the plates. The
plates should just snap back together.

TJ