 Publishing / 4728
Re: NeutronBot.com ::: Best Site Ever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 05:39:57 GMT

In lugnet.publish, James Wilson wrote:

Kyle,
Yes, it would be much less of a mystery if the hexagons did something other than just change color when moused-over. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that there would eventually be a picture in the hexagon - that’d be MUCH better than just a color-changing shape.

Yea. I agree.

It would also help if the color of the name in the link bar below the hexes would change color when the hex is moused-over. I’m not sure how hard that is - I’m no HTML expert by any means.

That’s an idea. What if the link was the respective color of the hex when moused-over? It wouldn’t be initionaly obivious, but once you mouseover and look around, it should ding. Additionally, placing the names in the image on mouseover should help.

   And please don’t get me wrong, guys. What you’re doing is great, and has a very slick look and feel. I’m just on a personal crusade to eliminate MMN! And the sites I’ve worked on are VERY boring interface-wise, ‘cause they have to be. I maintain a recreational soccer league site and its navigation system is designed for complete n00bs and harried soccer parents to be able to figure out. So I’m coming from a different POV for sure.

Yeah, different markets there. This site is more of an experience or adventure. You dont typically go looking for specific info, rather you kinda browse and take it in. But at the same time I felt we need to keep it logically organised so specific things can be found quickly.

And I didn’t know you could do geometric shapes with only HTML - very cool! I might try to incorporate some of that on the soccer site.

Actually, that is 7 images layered on top of each other. A little CSS and javascript trickery and the colored 6 are hidden and displayed. An image map allows the single image to be 6 different links.

Kyle http://lego.kepplah.com