 Publishing / 4725
Re: NeutronBot.com ::: Best Site Ever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 00:37:48 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Kyle Keppler wrote:
   Would you still consider it a mystery if the hexagons had images in them, as we are working on? I thought it was fairly obivous, especially with the redundant text links below.

Kyle

Kyle,
Yes, it would be much less of a mystery if the hexagons did something other than just change color when moused-over. It was mentioned earlier in the thread that there would eventually be a picture in the hexagon - that’d be MUCH better than just a color-changing shape.

It would also help if the color of the name in the link bar below the hexes would change color when the hex is moused-over. I’m not sure how hard that is - I’m no HTML expert by any means.

And please don’t get me wrong, guys. What you’re doing is great, and has a very slick look and feel. I’m just on a personal crusade to eliminate MMN! And the sites I’ve worked on are VERY boring interface-wise, ‘cause they have to be. I maintain a recreational soccer league site and its navigation system is designed for complete n00bs and harried soccer parents to be able to figure out. So I’m coming from a different POV for sure.

And I didn’t know you could do geometric shapes with only HTML - very cool! I might try to incorporate some of that on the soccer site.
Regards,
James