 Publishing / 4714
Re: NeutronBot.com ::: Best Site Ever
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 5 Feb 2005 17:35:48 GMT

Thanks for the nice reply, Kelly.

I do have some suggestions - feel free to take them as you wish. But I think
neutronbot.com would be even better if:

* You added either a picture (of a distinctive 'bot or mugshot) or name of the
builder in each hexagon on the home page. It does suffer from MMN syndrome.

Yep, this is already in the works.  We just need to actually build the bots to
go in the hex's  (Lenny already did his :
http://www.neutronbot.com/lenny/?m=tiktok )

* You had some links to discussion of new bots (either on LUGNET, CSF, or
wherever), or had a comments function. Personally I'd like to see a discussion
link back to a forum.

It is up to each builder, but I imagine I'll link to Lugnet/CSF threads when I
announce new mocs

* You had a link to "latest mocs" regardless of builder. Right now each is
compartmentalized, which I actually like, but it would be good to see what's new
overall - maybe link from the center hexagon on the home page?

Yes, I was thinking that too.  We announced perhaps a bit earlier than intended,
but as Roy and Lenny had both already linked to it, I felt it better to announce
it now.

* The thumbnail gallery wasn't at the bottom of each builder's main page. Lenny
has quite a bit of content, so I'd need to scroll to see it. Once the pages
become filled (and I don't know how deep you have them set for), it could take
some scrolling to get an idea of what types of things this guy builds. The
"Latest MOC" on the top right is great, though - don't change that!

The little thumbs at the bottom are really intended as a preview more than
anything.  Click on "Models" on the sidebar to see all the mocs of a person.
Some of us also have the models divided into sections.  In my hex, you can view
all space mocs, all castle mocs, any other misc mocs, or all of them.

* The number in parenthesis after the moc name is labeled as number of hits; at
least that's what I'm assuming it is. It could be a bit clearer.

That is a result of the minimalist style throughout ;)

Again, overall very nice work, and if these are the only nits I can come up
with, then it's a success! I've added a bookmark and will check it regularly.

Thanks for the excellent feedback.

~Kevoh