 Publishing / 3420
Re: Taking of Images - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 15:49:47 GMT

<snip>
Like most people who go to Brickshelf, I save pictures that I like on my own
computer for personal use.  I easily have several thousand pictures of Lego
that I have saved over the last 6 years or so.  I call this Pirating and
consider it stealing, but I have no plans to ever use these pictures publicly.

I file pictures various ways that allow me to find what I am looking for later,
this means that I change filenames.  Unless the author has given the pictures
identifying attributes in the properties, I have no way of knowing where I got
the picture, who built what, or anything else.  For example, I have over 300
pictures in a folder labeled LOCOMOTIVES and I have almost no idea who
created what or where the photos came from.
If more images had visual identifiers on them, I would be glad of that.  It
would make it easier to do many things, especially to give credit where due.

__Kevin Salm__
....a major Brickshelf picture Pirate....
<snip>

I do this to (download other peoples images from brickshelf onto my PC).
However, in order to better keep track I raname the image to <author's
name/alias on brickshelf>_<nameofitem>.xxx

This way I have a name to creditthe creator if I need to...
AHui