 Publishing / 3413
Re: Taking of Images - Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 16 May 2002 04:06:02 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Ahui Herrera writes:

Well in the WORSE-CASE option you can always place your image in powerpoint,
one image per slide, use adobe acrobat to print the slides (sett acrobat at
the HIGHEST IMAGE LEVEL) and then once you have the .pdf file set the
security to NO PRINING, NO EDITING, TO FILE EXTRACTION, and password protect
with a 128-bit code password and THEN POST!
ps.
This is the method that I use for the building instructions that I do at my
website.  Well, I allow the users to print but NO EDITING or FILE EXTRACTION.
Check it out here:
http://www.ozbricks.com/jediagh/a_Downloads/BI/Download_BI.htm

Given a high enough resolution window to view the Acrobat pages in, your
method offers no protection.

Simply bring up each page at a sufficient resolution in the Acrobat Reader,
Alt-PrintScreen the image to a BMP on the clipboard, paste it into the
graphics editing program of your choice and do as you wish with the
image(s).  Tedious, but not difficult.

(BTW I love the oven design.  Very cool, err, hot.)