 Publishing / 2591
Re: Personal page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 15:13:07 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:G3Lq9n.6G5@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.people, Tim Courtney writes:
I just thought I'd post here to tell people I've been working a bit on my
personal page.  I've changed the format from silly and stupid to a bit • more
fringe artistic in the web community.

It might be fringe artistic, but it's not very clear what the user needs • to
do to go where. As a user of a site my desire is not to be wowed with art,
but to be able to get where I need to go quickly and unambiguously.

For a personal site that's arguably not as important, of course, but if • you
hold it up as an example of your work, expect to be judged on it anyway.

I understand your point there.  When I'm finished with it, it will probably
have a bit more navigability (is that even a word?) and be a bit of a better
example.  I also have zacktron.com (which hasn't been updated in forever)
:( and ldraw.org (which is nearing that, but WILL be updated hopefully
today) - as good examples of navigation.

Still haven't pushed forward yet in picking up jobs, most likely because
I/we haven't printed out our business cards yet.  Hopefully soon though, I
want to begin to get established before Christmas break.

I'll wait till you think you're closer to finished with the phase before I
say more.

Thanks for the feedback.
--

Tim Courtney - tim@zacktron.com