 Publishing / 1577
Re: Digital Camera suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:23:33 GMT

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 02:20:16 GMT, "Andreas Stabno"
<stabno@megsinet.net> wrote:

What do you do about downloading the pictures?  Did you buy a card reader or
do you just go and fix a sandwich while you wait.  :)

Assuming you have a desktop pc and not a laptop (you can get PCMCIA
adapters for CF cards - I have one and use it in my laptop) I'd
suggest you look into a reader.  USB would be nice and fast, but you
gotta be running 98 (never could get USB to work right with 95, even
with the patches) or Windows 2000.  I have a parallel reader from
ActionTec and it works great.  Not the fastest thing in the world but
lots faster than serial.  It reads CF, Smart Media, and PCMCIA.

Many new cameras now are coming with direct USB connections...

I'm shying away from the Sony digicams because of disk storage, and am
narrowing down the search to the Coolpix 800, Kodak 240 or 280, and Fuji
1700.  Will have to decide by Thursday.

The Mavicas are great little cameras but floppy storage stinks.  I
wish I could help you make a decision but I haven't even read much
about those models you mention.

--
Tire of waiting for LEGO Direct? Bulk Parts Sales NOW!
http://www.guarded-inn.com/lego/sales/parts.html