 Publishing / 1566
Re: Digital Camera suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 16:55:37 GMT

On Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:40:14 GMT, Jeff Johnston <sakura@mediaone.net>
wrote:

Go to a store - Best Buy for example - and take a few shots with each.
See how they handle, how easy they are to use.  View the pics on one of the
computers in the store if possible.  There's no substitute for actually
handling and using the camera in deciding what you want to buy.

And just as importantly, buy from a store with a customer-friendly
return policy.  Not Circuit City or CompUSA for example.  Both have
restocking fee policies, and while they might not always enforce them,
they _can_, and you shouldn't have to pay a 15% restocking fee on a
product you don't find satisfactory, for whatever reason.

If I buy locally I almost always buy from Office Max or Office Depot.
Since they do a lot of their business with business owners, and
they're aware they could all just pick the other major office store
(especially now that we have a Staples right in the middle of them)
they're still return-friendly - 30 days no questions asked on most
items, but double-check.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?