 Publishing / 1578
Re: Digital Camera suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:52:26 GMT

The Mavicas are great little cameras but floppy storage stinks.

I agreee.  The floppys arent the best in the world.  I have one of the
Mavicas.  And untill they design a camera that has a internal CD burner, i
dont plan on replacing it.  I have seen the cameras that use serial
communications, and USB.  And the zoom power, well we wont even go there.  And
the x-fer rate time is awful.  Once i was using a brand new Kodak and it took
about 2 minutes per pic to upload.  However the downfall to floppy disks is
that they can become corupted.

There is not a perfect digital camera out there yet.  But i think as CDR
technologies increase, and compactability gets even smaller we will be seeing
some incredible cameras in the nex 5 to 10 years.

Jeff