 Publishing / 1565
Re: Digital Camera suggestions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 15:40:14 GMT

Andreas Stabno wrote:

This topic seems to come up from time to time.

Do you have any thoughts on these digital cameras?

Nikon Coolpix 800

This is what I use.  I love it.  Not as much macro or zoom capability as
the FD73, but much higher resolution.  Uses a CompactFlash card so you
can save lots of pics on one card, or save them with less compression
(JPG is a 'lossy' compression which means that it doesn't actually store
all the data - it extrapolates some of it when it displays the file. Each
time you open, change, and save a JPG file you're losing a little bit more
detail.) or even no compression at all.

Sony MVC FD73

Excellent macro capabilities, and able to save files on a floppy disk.
Todd uses one, as does ( I think) Shiri.  I tried one out and liked what
I saw, but decided to go for the higher resolution and the feature set of
the CP800.

Both of these cameras come highly recommended by various members of the
LUGNET community.

The best advice I can give is this:

Go to a store - Best Buy for example - and take a few shots with each.
See how they handle, how easy they are to use.  View the pics on one of the
computers in the store if possible.  There's no substitute for actually
handling and using the camera in deciding what you want to buy.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m