 Publishing / 1567
1566  |  1568
Subject:
Does anyone know of a Free Image Splicing tool?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 20:49:29 GMT

To clarify - I mean a tool that will allow me to select retangular areas, and
it will then cut up the image into other rectangular recursive sections, so
that it will fit into a HTML table. Typically the selected areas would be used
for rollovers - ie so you could have multiple rollovers embedded into one
image, and also include some of the navigation properties of an image map.

I used about 5 minutes of my 30 day trail of Macromedia fireworks about 2
months ago, so I can't use that :( I downloaded another 30 day trial of
"Ulead Smartsaver Pro", but that just lets you select the table breaks, as
opposed to the dimensions of a particular area.

I've started writing my own tool in Tcl/Tk instead out of frustration, but I
know that the tool that I want is probably out there somewhere!

Just to be greedy, something which writes out the HTML as well would be handy..
for the project I have in mind, there will be at least 20 or 30 sub-images per
image. Which is only about 2 or 3 rollovers!

Richard