 Publishing / 108
Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 01:13:01 GMT

Well,

The final set designs are sure to cause some stir among LEGO maniacs. I
think that alot of people had their expectations way high for the SW sets
line. Maybe LEGO will have better and bigger sets in addition to these. At
least I'm glad they didn't go with too many specialized parts (i.e. the TIE
solar panels), or so it seems. I got the feeling they will be integrating
MindStorm sets with SW. What about a mechanized AT-AT? As a kid I always
wanter to create a large-scale mechanical and motorized R2D2 unit. I think
the time has come....

I have another little 1999 pamphlet at home for joinging the LEGO club which
has a bigger picture of the Darth Vader minifig. Looks like they spend quite
a bit of time designing head gear to identify SW minifigs. The Darth Vader
mask appears to be a slip-on type of accessory onto a regular black minifig
round head (like the FK ghosts). Also look a the helmets of the scout storm
troopers, same design.

More ramblings....

- Irving

Tim Rueger wrote in message ...
In article <F1o23H.Ko3@lugnet.com>, "Irving De la Cruz"
<irvingd@halcyon.com> wrote:

Ok, so finally I got the scans ready and a quick web page to publish • them,
Go to http://www.halcyon.com/irvingd/ and check out the new 1999 sets.

I'm underwhelmed.  The SW stuff doesn't really look like
SW, and it doesn't look like Lego either.  Maybe it's just
the scans.

I do like the Rock Beast (tm) in 4959.

Now, the colored 40T gears (!) in the new Technic sets,
those I could get into.  The sets themselves aren't
that great, at first glance.  I'm hoping for the
rumored '99 supercar to materialize.

For you Town fans, the City Center stuff is just more
Town Jr.  :^(

And what's up with that blimp?  Yech.  We've gotta come
up with a new acronym for that thing - BLURP would be
perfect, but I can't come up with a proper expansion.

Anyway, thanks much for the scans - there'll be plenty
to talk about.

-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/