 General / 380
Re: Scans Ready: Star Wars, Rock Raiders, and other 1999 sets.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Sat, 31 Oct 1998 01:03:11 GMT

In article <F1o23H.Ko3@lugnet.com>, "Irving De la Cruz"
<irvingd@halcyon.com> wrote:

Ok, so finally I got the scans ready and a quick web page to publish them,
Go to http://www.halcyon.com/irvingd/ and check out the new 1999 sets.

I'm underwhelmed.  The SW stuff doesn't really look like
SW, and it doesn't look like Lego either.  Maybe it's just
the scans.

I do like the Rock Beast (tm) in 4959.

Now, the colored 40T gears (!) in the new Technic sets,
those I could get into.  The sets themselves aren't
that great, at first glance.  I'm hoping for the
rumored '99 supercar to materialize.

For you Town fans, the City Center stuff is just more
Town Jr.  :^(

And what's up with that blimp?  Yech.  We've gotta come
up with a new acronym for that thing - BLURP would be
perfect, but I can't come up with a proper expansion.

Anyway, thanks much for the scans - there'll be plenty
to talk about.

-Tim

--
Tim and/or Shelley Rueger - rueger "at" io.com
WWW page: http://www.io.com/~rueger/