 Publishing / 1060
Re: Different fonts in webpages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 11:15:14 GMT

Linc Smith <ldsmith@pfc.forestry.ca> wrote:
Another concern of mine is reproducing intended font size on different
systems.  Is there  a best way to go about this?  Is +1 +2 the same on all
systems, or is there a more precise way of indicating size... say like
"points".

The various font sizes are not even promised to be rendered at different
sizes, according to the official spec. HTML really is not meant to be a page
layout language, despite a lot of changes which make it more so.