 Publishing / 1057
Re: Different fonts in webpages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 03:26:11 GMT

Matthew Miller wrote:

Jason M Normand <nugator@nugator.com> wrote:
if at all possible it is best to use on of the standard fonts (arial, currier,
ect.) with these you are pretty much certain of compatability with most of

"Standard" in the sense of standard on Microsoft operating systems, of
course. Doesn't do the rest of us any good.

Agreed. I never specify font, only size and face. However I HAVE seen
people (including here at Lugnet(tm) I think but I could be too wrong
and too lazy to check, I am in a hotel and paying for my 800# access)
name off a bazillion font types (helvetica, geneva, ariel yada yada) to
get one sans serif font and ditto for Times New Roman or its workalikes.