 Pirates / 1405
Re: Small cutter bows (6x7 bow pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 23:50:44 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
   Where is that held?  People say the Silent Death rules are good,
   but alas, I have no experience with them.

Oops, I had meant to mention where Trinocon is held... Sometimes I think
faster than I type. Trinocon is (was) held in Durham North Carolina.

  Was?  It's not annual?

Well, it's not annual until the 2nd one happens....

   If you have the Pirate
   Fest in the fall of next year (or even the summer), I can almost
   100% certainly attend or even help plan.  I'll be back in May.

   This is xposted to .fun.gaming, just to get discussion started...
   I definitely think we ought to consider a master signup before
   the 'Fest, so that we know how many diehards we've got, and can
   figure out how many itinerants we'll have.  :)  I know I'm going
   to be Pirate Game Primary (and with any luck, though I love her
   with all of my heart that's not devoted to LEGO, my significant
   other won't be there to drag me off).

Definitely a signup before hand will be good. It will make things run
much smoother if we know ahead of time how many refs might be good to
have, plus give us a little more time to dash a few more cutters
together if necessary.

  You bet!  I also managed to pick up a couple of 6543s today--so
  I have red cutter bows as well.  I'd be happy to ref, but of
  course I do want to *kill* things.

I need to process my (3) 6543s, build one for my town and a couple cutters for
the pirate game (well, one pair of red bow bricks might get used with a pair
of black bow bricks for my Wolfpack ships, but those will be able to be
pressed into service as cutters also - I need to start talking to Sheree
Rosenkrantz to get the sails made).

I'm planning on figuring out a way for the assistant refs to be more involved
in the game. One way is for them to actually be responsible for the running of
some of the merchant and imperial ships. As head ref, I can always step in to
resolve any difficulties which arise. The main responsibility of the assistant
refs though is to have enough working knowledge of the rules to be able to
handle some of the combat.

Frank