 Pirates / 1386
Re: Small cutter bows (6x7 bow pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:12:19 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen A. Campbell writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:

   This is true too!  Don't forget, though, that the T-Rex Transport
   (5975) has the lovely and useful 10-wide bow bricks in white *and*
   in light grey--with my four 6560s I'm ready to build some nice big
   grey and white freighters!

   Hey, wait a minute, that's not very .pirates.  I probably should
   talk about using the black hull bits to make pirate ships...yeah,
   that's the ticket...

   Anyways, the bow brick is quite alive and well, in both sizes.

Freighters are very .pirate. Without freighters, what is there to plunder besides
Imperial and Armada warships and Islander canoes? Give me a fat defenseless
freighter loaded with treasure any day!

Arrr! Put one across her bow ye scurvy sea-dogs! Prepare the grapples! Arrr!
Arrr! ARRR!

   While the enthusiasm is not only commendable but admirable,
   I fear that an 18th-C. pyrate going after a steel, steam-
   powered freighter would be sort of like going after the setting
   moon.  On the other hand, the black bows from River Expedition
   (which I'm praying I'll be able to get some of while they're
   still around!) would be ideal for building a sailing freighter,
   much better for plunderin'.

   I usually arm my freighters with 40mm or 15cm DP quick-firing-guns
   anyways, to keep my little grey patrol boats away.  I don't have
   enough to make a proper convoy, though.

PS - since the Pirate Game at Brickfest 2000 I've been assembling cutters and
parts for cutters like a mad Pirate ship builder gone mad! Arrr!

   A mad Pirate ship builder gone mad?  I'm not sure what that would
   entail, but it sounds rather disconcerting.

I've got one
complete from 6277 (with another on the way) and one MOC blue and white
sloop-rigged cutter (The Promiscuous)

   *BWAAAA* That's great!  I can't wait to see the figurehead for
   *that* one.

with yet another in the yard waiting for
auction parts...And more bow bricks and plates in the mail! ARRR, etc.

   Well, now that I own three RBRs, I can start building "proper"
   Pirate ships--not those wimpy little 6280-based things!  I need
   to know when BrickFest 2001 will be soon, though, so I can make
   my plans to come out, and pick up my wee little MOCs (currently
   filling a storage unit in NJ) on the way.  On the other hand,
   if someone feels like throwing a Pirate Game Fest 2001, I'll
   come for that too.  ;)  Methinks we need a place that stays
   open all night this time 'round!

   best

   Lindsay