 Pirates / 1387
Re: Small cutter bows (6x7 bow pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 17:15:28 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.pirates, Stephen A. Campbell writes:

   This is true too!  Don't forget, though, that the T-Rex Transport
   (5975) has the lovely and useful 10-wide bow bricks in white *and*
   in light grey--with my four 6560s I'm ready to build some nice big
   grey and white freighters!

   Hey, wait a minute, that's not very .pirates.  I probably should
   talk about using the black hull bits to make pirate ships...yeah,
   that's the ticket...

   Anyways, the bow brick is quite alive and well, in both sizes.

Let's not forget the Naboo Fighter with its two Light Gray "cutter bows" and
plates as well as one yellow...shoot now I don't know what to all it by it's
the plat the rises 45* off the bow.  Kinda a bow plat with the bottom cut out.
It's used in the 6277 ship.

Mr L F Braun wrote: • <snip>
On the other hand, the black bows from River Expedition
  (which I'm praying I'll be able to get some of while they're
  still around!) would be ideal for building a sailing freighter,
  much better for plunderin'.

I was recently blessed by finding two on clearance at Target in my area.  One
at $32, and one at $25!!!  For now they're just sitting in the boxes waiting
for me to get organized enough to use them!

  Well, now that I own three RBRs, I can start building "proper"
  Pirate ships--not those wimpy little 6280-based things!  I need
  to know when BrickFest 2001 will be soon, though, so I can make
  my plans to come out, and pick up my wee little MOCs (currently
  filling a storage unit in NJ) on the way.  On the other hand,
  if someone feels like throwing a Pirate Game Fest 2001, I'll
  come for that too.  ;)  Methinks we need a place that stays
  open all night this time 'round!

  best

  Lindsay

All night accomidations are definitely a necessity for a good, large scale
Pirate game like Brickfest was.  I was thinking of talking to the guys at
SEALUG, when I actually make it to a meeting, about setting something up at one
of the local Sci-fi/Fantasy conventions like Rustycon in Jan. or even NorWesCon
in the Spring.

Actually it's funny, just last night, I took some pics of a pirate outpost and
a MOC copy of the 6277 ship.  Just got to get them developed and I'll post them
by the weekend.

Sean, The Mad Pirate