 Pirates / 1401
Re: Small cutter bows (6x7 bow pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 16:53:56 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Frank Filz writes:
Mr L F Braun wrote:
   I need
   to know when BrickFest 2001 will be soon, though, so I can make
   my plans to come out, and pick up my wee little MOCs (currently
   filling a storage unit in NJ) on the way.  On the other hand,
   if someone feels like throwing a Pirate Game Fest 2001, I'll
   come for that too.  ;)  Methinks we need a place that stays
   open all night this time 'round!

I definitely hope that Brickfest 2001 will be in a 24hr venue. If not,
I'm going to plead pretty strongly for a lockable room for the Pirate
Game so we can set up and get started Friday night.

   At the *very* least.  And then, even if we stop for the evening,
   we can still play with pirate ships (always important).

I also hope we can find a way to do a Piratefest, perhaps early next
year, or in the fall of next year. I'll also be trying to see if I can
get a Pirate Game to happen at Trinocon 2001 (a local SF convention
which had a great first year a few weeks ago). They had some cool
miniatures games. One fellow took the rules to Silent Death and combined
them with the Galoob HOish scale Star Wars ships. I didn't play the
game, but it looked neat.

   Where is that held?  People say the Silent Death rules are good,
   but alas, I have no experience with them.  If you have the Pirate
   Fest in the fall of next year (or even the summer), I can almost
   100% certainly attend or even help plan.  I'll be back in May.

   This is xposted to .fun.gaming, just to get discussion started...
   I definitely think we ought to consider a master signup before
   the 'Fest, so that we know how many diehards we've got, and can
   figure out how many itinerants we'll have.  :)  I know I'm going
   to be Pirate Game Primary (and with any luck, though I love her
   with all of my heart that's not devoted to LEGO, my significant
   other won't be there to drag me off).

   throwing seeds into the wind,

   Lindsay