 Pirates / 1402
Re: Small cutter bows (6x7 bow pieces)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2000 18:19:19 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote:
I also hope we can find a way to do a Piratefest, perhaps early next
year, or in the fall of next year. I'll also be trying to see if I can
get a Pirate Game to happen at Trinocon 2001 (a local SF convention
which had a great first year a few weeks ago). They had some cool
miniatures games. One fellow took the rules to Silent Death and combined
them with the Galoob HOish scale Star Wars ships. I didn't play the
game, but it looked neat.

   Where is that held?  People say the Silent Death rules are good,
   but alas, I have no experience with them.

Oops, I had meant to mention where Trinocon is held... Sometimes I think
faster than I type. Trinocon is (was) held in Durham North Carolina.

   If you have the Pirate
   Fest in the fall of next year (or even the summer), I can almost
   100% certainly attend or even help plan.  I'll be back in May.

   This is xposted to .fun.gaming, just to get discussion started...
   I definitely think we ought to consider a master signup before
   the 'Fest, so that we know how many diehards we've got, and can
   figure out how many itinerants we'll have.  :)  I know I'm going
   to be Pirate Game Primary (and with any luck, though I love her
   with all of my heart that's not devoted to LEGO, my significant
   other won't be there to drag me off).

Definitely a signup before hand will be good. It will make things run
much smoother if we know ahead of time how many refs might be good to
have, plus give us a little more time to dash a few more cutters
together if necessary.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com